Ugly Christmas Sweaters are now the norm every holiday season. Malls hold their annual ugliest Christmas sweater competitions during the holidays not only as a marketing gimmick to ramp up the sales of the tacky sweaters but because customers now expect it from them.
Even if it is not a Christmas party at the office, wearing the ugly sweats is almost a requirement particularly since you will be meeting people who insist on wearing jingle bells and dancing reindeers on their sweaters. You name a Christmas décor and you will certainly find it in the tacky sweaters.
It is months away from the holiday season but people are already celebrating Christmas in July. Charlotte Hornets took to Twitter last July to sell some of their inventory of Ugly Christmas Sweaters. Many certainly grabbed the sweater at discount and they are happy they did so. The Charlotte Hornets wanted their fans to spend Christmas in July by purchasing the hideous sweaters. Now these fans will have something wear for the holidays even if the Hornet’s sweaters do not look too bad.
Here is a ranking of the most unforgivable Ugly Christmas Sweaters from least to the most offensive in holiday movie history.
15. Chevy Chase as Clark Griswold in Christmas Vacation (1989)
14. Martin Freeman as John in Love Actually (2003)
13. Emma Thompson as Karen in Love Actually (2003)
12. Ophelia in Trading Places (1983)
11. Ellen Griswold in Christmas Vacation (1989)
10. Judge Reinhold as Neil in The Santa Clause (1994)
9. The Griswold’s repeat offenders in Christmas Vacation (1989)
8. Another scene at Christmas Vacation (1989) where the Griswold’s were in their ugly sweaters
7. The Grinch in How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)
6. Catherine O’Hara as Christine is Surviving Christmas (2004)
5. Jamie Lee Curtis as Nora Krank in Christmas with the Kranks (2004)
4. The Finch Family in Deck the Halls (2006)
3. John Reilly as Dale in The Stepbrothers (2008)
2. Colin Firth as Mark Darcy in Bridget Jones Diary (2001)
1. Harry Potter and Ron Weasley in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (2001)