People travel either for leisure, or because they have to. When the travel involves flying, however, the airfare can consume quite a large portion of your expenses and because of this you may want to find cheaper air deals. The best way to travel on a tight budget is to find low-fare airlines. However, going for such airlines should be given ample amount of consideration.
If you would think about it, low fare airlines are probably the best way to go especially if you travel frequently and if you are on a tight budget. But before you do such things, you must first weigh in the advantages and the disadvantages of doing so. Remember, it would all have to depend on the airline. Some people actually go pay for lower rates only to realize that there are more drawbacks than the benefit itself.
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of low-fare airlines.
- Low Price. Because of the low rates offered by low-fare airlines, one would definitely be able to boost their savings. If you go for low-fare airlines, you may be able to save as much as 50% to 80%. More so if you happen to book early. Airlines that offer such may only cover short distances and have more competition that’s why they offer their services for a lower rate.
- New Planes. Sometimes when an airline has a new plane, they lower the rates in order to get more passengers to experience the flight.
- Low-fare airlines offer frequent deals and promotions in their website that may last for a few days. You only need to check for them.
- One Way. When you need to only travel one way, going for UP low-cost may be a suitable option for you.
- Hidden Fees. If you aren’t careful, you might pick a low-cost airline that offers cheap rates but also have a lot hidden fees such as taxes, insurance costs, etc.
- Two Way Tickets. Sometimes low-fare airlines would require you to buy two way tickets which may turn out to be the same as or more expensive than the regular rates.
- No Refunds. Most low-fare airlines do not give refunds.