Weddings only happen a few times in a person’s life. If one is truly lucky, he would only get married once and grow old with the same person. While the wedding ceremony is probably one of the most important events in the couple’s lives, for most of the guests however, the wedding really starts at the reception. The reception is also the part of the wedding where the bride and groom loosen up and begin to relax. But even if the reception is where all the fun begins, planning it can be quite difficult, even more so when you are on a tight budget.
So how will you be able to plan the perfect reception whilst on a budget? Simple, all you need to do is save on the decorations. There are plenty of ways to do this and here are some of them.
- White Christmas Lights. White Christmas lights are generic. You can use them for all sorts of decorative purposes. In fact, there are a lot of people who use them all year round on their porches so it is only right that you incorporate this idea on the reception as well. White Christmas lights are an elegant and beautiful addition to the wedding reception. They can be hung from ceilings, spread around tables, as accent for the cake or even in plants.
- Tie Ribbons. If you think renting seat covers is too expensive for you, why not tie wide ribbons around them instead? Ribbons are a cheap alternative and they also make beautiful decorative material.
- Water Fountains. Small water fountains can be used to provide a beautiful background. The sound of water is relaxing and guests would be able to relax and let loose.
- Candles aren’t only inexpensive, they’re romantic as well. The more candles the better.
- Cover with Fabrics. Fabrics can be bought cheaply from various craft stores and they can be used for all sorts of decorative purposes. They can be table covers or draped from ceilings. Tulle material is also highly decorative and inexpensive. They provide sophistication and elegance no other fabric can give.